Friday 6 January 2012

Sony Masterclass Update

After posting up the progression of the colour study, I had some advice from Mr. Anthony Minto, a fellow NCCA final year student. He was kind enough to make some quick changes in Photoshop and then send the result my way. He explained that by adding dirt and grime, it steers it away from looking too CG. He also darkened the edges by copy merging the red channel into a new layer and setting it to the 'overlay' transfer mode. I'd heard of this technique before but never used it. After attempting to replicate the changes he'd made on my own, this was what I ended up with:


I'm really really pleased with how it looks at the moment! It's so much closer to what I originally wanted to convey, but I just didn't know how to achieve it.

I also realised that I hadn't uploaded the perspective study, so here's that too:

No comments:

Post a Comment