Friday 23 December 2011

Animation Workshop Day 4 - [Re-Post 7-12-2011]

Today was the fourth day of the animation workshop. With the same objective set from the day before, we carried on animating our old people/children climbing onto chairs.

When I loaded up Maya, I watched through the frames that I'd animated yesterday and instantly hated what I'd done so far. Nothing flowed and the action all happened too quickly. Susannah helped me out with some of the poses  for when the kid once he was up on the chair. I wanted him to seem so hyper active that even after he'd got onto the chair, he would still be looking around as if to see what he could climb on next. I decided to have him kneel ontop of the chair while looking over the back, which turned out to be more difficult than I had planned. The problem arose when I tried to transition from the kneeling positing to the sitting position. Annoyingly enough this is the same situation I found myself in during the first year animation project. Memories.

I ended up restarting several times over throughout the course of the day. The help I received was welcomed and helpful but I still suck at animation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment