Friday 23 December 2011

Animation Workshop Day 5 - [Re-Post 7-12-2011]

Today was the final day of the animation workshop and I have to say it was my favorite; not because it was the end, but because both Campbell and Susannah ended up sitting down with us and sharing their experiences from industry.

The day started with more of the sitting animation. By this time I had re-started my sequence six or seven times. Some people had theirs finished and had sent them to Campbell, who put them all into a single scene and rendered it out. This was interesting as it let us see all the different styles of animation that we had produced.

Afterwards Campbell came and sat with a few of us and recounted the story of his surprise interview with Pixar at Siggraph. By the time he'd finished the story a small crowd of people had wheeled over their chairs to listen. Susannah joined in too and more people gathered.

I feel that although I struggled with the actual animation, the experience and the 'golden nuggets' of information that both Campbell and Susannah shared with us were the most valuable things that I took from the workshop.

By the end of the week I hadn't been converted to want to become an animator professionally, but I definitely had a better idea of what the job entailed. I mentioned this in a previous entry but it only recently occurred to me how closely rigging is related to animation.

I really enjoyed the workshop and look forward to the rest of the workshops in this module.

No comments:

Post a Comment